Back then I offered subscribers to my investment strategy report a ten-point investment guide for the long term.
The basic plan is today, thirty years later, pretty much unchanged.
- Make capital preservation your number one target
- Make dividends the cornerstone of your core equity portfolio
- Never forget the power of compound interest
- Make equities, not bonds, your core holdings.
- When general market conditions are horrible, and most folks are selling, aggressively buy your dividend stocks
- Use automatic withdrawal programs for retirement income
- Don’t trade in and out
- Remember the words full faith and credit.
- Never invest based on predictions. Invest based on relative value only.
- Be well organized, always have a plan, practice patience.