Coronavirus Infects Stock Market: Part XXX
Originally posted on April 20, 2020.
Some thoughts as you second guess your retirement (or your spouse does for you).
- The late Richard Russell, in remembering the Great Depression: The most valuable asset you have is a J-O-B. (You know RR from Rich Man, Poor Man, an all-time favorite of mine.) Russell knew the pain when his father was jobless; losing confidence and self-worth; remembering a job does a lot more than just provide money.
- Our loudmouth governors will not be able to keep Americans indoors forever: Don’t Tread on Me.
- Make it your job to get out of debt.
- The stock market lost money from 1965-1981. It doesn’t always come back on our schedule.
- Shame on those driving Range Rovers away from food banks.
- When $2 trillion, that’s with a “T,” enters the system, remember, nothing is free.
- Ron Paul is right: End the Fed. Read it.
- Rand Paul’s experience with coronavirus was mild.
- Bill Sardi at Lewrockwell.com: “We have record of physicians and hospitals being paid to mis-code their diagnostic and billing numbers to indicate ‘COVID-19’ instead of plain pneumonia because hospitals are reimbursed $39,000 instead of just $13,000 for COVID-19! There is a financial incentive to list COVID-19 on death certificates.” He points out that hospitals are compensated more when a patient dies from coronavirus even though it could have been from a range of other illnesses. He is more than a little skeptical about this virus. He calls it: CoroNOvirus.
- Ayn Rand’s individualism is not about government help.
- Our form of capitalism has government pushing aside the individual and picking winners.
- Bonds protect your ass-ets when stocks crater, and yes, losing less is still a win in my book.
- How much more water are we using by washing our hands?
- What if something happens to your water supply? Are you prepared?
- How will you boil water if you have no oil or natural gas? Do you have firewood?
- How will you do this from a high rise apartment?
- Live Free or Die: My favored firearms manufacturer, Sig Sauer, brought 20,000 masks to health care facilities.
- Did you get outside today?
- Do you take liposomal C?
- Do you have cash?
- Take a walk?
- Call your mom?
- The three most important letters in making money: Y-O-U
Read my entire series, Coronavirus Infects Stock Market here.
Originally posted on Your Survival Guy.