Gallup reports that sunny Naples, Florida has the highest well-being of 189 communities in America. If you are considering a move, maybe Naples, FL should be on your short list. Our sister company, Richard C. Young & Co., Ltd, a registered investment advisor has offices at 5150 Tamiami Trail.
Below are the best and worst communities for well-being along with Gallup’s methodology.
Highest 10 Communities in Overall Well-Being, 2015-2016
Lowest 10 Communities in Overall Well-Being, 2015-2016
Out of 189 reportable Metropolitan Statistical Areas nationwide
The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index is calculated on a scale of 0 to 100, where 0 represents the lowest possible well-being, and 100 represents the highest possible well-being. The Well-Being Index score for the nation and for each community is made up of metrics within each of the five essential elements of well-being:
- Purpose: liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
- Social: having supportive relationships and love in your life
- Financial: managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
- Community: liking where you live, feeling safe, and having pride in your community
- Physical: having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
In most cases, a difference of 1.0 to 2.0 points in the Well-Being Index score of any two communities represents a statistically significant gap and is characterized by meaningfully large differences in at least some of the individual metrics that make up the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
The community-level data are drawn from more than 354,000 interviews with U.S. adults across all 50 states, conducted from Jan. 2, 2015, through Dec. 30, 2016.
You can read more here.
Jeremy Jones, CFA
Latest posts by Jeremy Jones, CFA (see all)
- Portfolio Strategy: This is the Fair Value Yield on 10 Year Treasuries - August 23, 2017
- What does the Smart Money think of Tesla? - August 22, 2017
- Wal-Mart Expands Online Grocery Delivery - August 21, 2017