From conservationists to media moguls to oil barons, ranchers, and timber tycoons, America’s largest landowners are a diverse crowd to be sure. The one thing the top 10 have in common is that they own over 800,000 acres of land in the United States.
- John Malone, 2,200,000 acres
- Ted Turner, 2,000,000+ acres
- Emmerson Family, 1,860,000 acres
- Brad Kelley, 1,500,000+ acres
- Reed Family, 1,370,000 acres
- Irving Family, 1,250,000 acres
- Singleton Family, 1,100,000 acres
- King Ranch Heirs, 911,215 acres
- Stan Kroenke, 848,631 acres
- Pingree Heirs, 830,000 acres
For the top 100, check out The Land Report, put out by The Magazine of the American Land Owner.